- Add Py_UNREACHABLE from Python 3.7
- Add Py_RETURN_RICHCOMPARE from Python 3.7
- Add Py_UNUSED from Python 3.4
- The macro PY3C_RICHCMP is deprecated in favor of Py_RETURN_RICHCOMPARE. There are no plans to remove the old macro from py3c.
Fixes: * The PyStr_Concat function no longer causes GCC warnings about being unused.
Tests: * The test suite now fails on unexpected compiler warnings.
- Adapt tests to Python 3.7 regarding const correctness (thanks to Marcel Plch)
- Fix includedir substitution on OS X (thanks to Branko Čibej) (This might cause make to fail if includedir, by default /usr/local/include, is not present; in that case it needs to be created.)
- Add backports for PyMem_Raw*
- Restore compatibility with old Visual Studio versions
- Enable tests on Python 3.6
- Fix file shim tests on big endian architectures (bug in testsuite only)
- Fix file permissions when doing
- Fix the pkgconfig file
- Fix unterminated #if in tpflags.h (thanks to MURAOKA Yusuke)
- Support for C++ (with initial help from MURAOKA Yusuke)
- Support PyFloat_FromString (thanks to Christoph Zwerschke)
- Test suite is much more comprehensive
- Type flags moved to “tpflags.h”, which is not included by default. See the warning in the file, or in documentation.
- Integrated capsulethunk.h
- Added PyFile_AsFile shim
- Discuss porting type definitions in the guide
- First tagged public release